Reply To: How to Insure & Maintain an Empty House in Probate in UK?


We are sorry to hear about your loss Lisa. I agree that unoccupied houses need proper protection against accidents, and insurance is necessary in this regard. You need to follow these steps:

  • First of all, you need to send the health certificate of the house owner to the insurance company. Better to perform this task within 30 days of death or before. They can transfer the insurance to your name after having a conversation with you.
  • But in many cases, insurance companies withdraw the insurance coverage after the death of the house owner. Then probably, you will need to find a new insurer, and this source could be beneficial for you.
  • On the other hand, if we talk about the legal processes, then your father will have to satisfy the court that his will is valid (if there is any will), or his attorney can guide him about legal matters in more detail.
  • Similarly, if I address your question regarding the house maintenance service then the only name that comes to my mind is LGC Group London. Whether you want residential maintenance or looking for commercial property remodeling service, these guys are the best. You can acquire their house maintenance services anywhere in London. Hopefully, it will be a good choice for you.
Copyright © 2020 - 2022 All Rights Reserved.

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?